NoiseScore is Noise and the City’s newest addition to our growing community resource toolbox. The NoiseScore smartphone application has been generously sponsored by The Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study and was developed to allow residents from all over the globe to document and visualize their ever-changing environmental soundscape. With this free app, you can record the sound level of an event, document it via a photograph or video, describe it, and map your responses in real time.
How do I use the NoiseScore App?
- Download the FREE NoiseScore application from either the Google Play Store or iTunes and create an account.
- Once you create an account, you can create a noise event and:
- Take a short sound level reading.
- Take a photo or video to visually document the event.
- Tell us where you are
- Answer a brief survey about the noise event.
- Submit your noise event
- View NoiseScore’s live heat maps which visualizes your responses and the responses of all other users.